You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

drawing 100% white prints with lightly dithered gray dots?

In AffinityPhoto, I select 100% white to fill areas to erase unwanted previously drawn things, and when printing it comes out as off-white (seen as white with sparsely dithered light gray dots)

I just want 100% white to print as 100% white!  When nothing is printed to a background area, it does print as 100% white so I know it's possible.

Can someone please help me find a fix for this?

I just noticed this problem exists ONLY if I print my file (created from scratch in Affinity Photo) directly onto the printer.

If I output it as a jpg and then load the jpg file to Affinity Photo and print it, or print it by itself, then there is NO problem (white is 100% white).

I'll include a .afphoto file showing the problem, and the .jpg which does not.

test.jpg

test.afphoto

Also, I did find out how to draw text and have the area filling the draw box be a solid white (which is great for my purpose of erasing unwanted stuff), so I don't have to add another white rectangle fill to do it.

And when I did this I had the same problem as mentioned with the drawn white printing (without being saved to jpg) as off-white.

I'm making a lens test chart, with just pure black & white lines on the white paper.  I wanted to try a different way to create it and so I started over from scratch.  In the second try it now is printing pure white to the paper even after I use a "fill with white" to erase previously drawn areas.  I don't know what changed, as I don't know how to change anything like that.  But just by starting over with a new file and using the same style work (erase with "rectangle fill with white") I am no longer having this problem.

So I've given up on what the problem was with the first pass.  I don't even want to load the previous file that had the problem since I don't think I can 100% guarantee that it won't cause the problem to start occurring again.  But I do thank you all for trying to help me figure this out!