You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Star field brushes

Nakos

When I first started using Affinity Designer, I wanted to create a field of stars.

However, all my searches for "star field brushes" or "starfield brushes" lead me to tutorials on using granulated diffusion gradients to create the illusion of a dense background of stars. That wasn't want I wanted at all. I wanted a background of (slightly) cartoony stars against a black backdrop. 

Since I'm a hobbyist, with zero formal training, I didn't really understand how to ask for what I actually wanted. So ... I puttered and played with the tools and ... finally (after far more time than I'd like to admit), I figured out what I wanted. 

What I actually wanted, was: A Pixel Layer, Intensity Brush, with Multiple Nozzles

My work here is hardly complex, or spectacular, but it does provide a solution to the problem I was having, and I like to think that maybe it might also provide some help to others. So, in the hopes that others might find my brushes useful, or at least be able to use them to figure out how to make their own, here they are:

Starfield brushes.afbrushes

star sample2.jpg

Edited by Nakos
smaller sample image so it won't hog the screen quite so much