You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Creating a slice of a layer includes cropped content

I have a document with a few layers in it which I want to "batch export" using your "multiple slice based on layers" function. I select a layer and click "create slice".

A slice is automatically created, but it's bigger than my canvas area because the layer's image runs off the canvas. Is there a way to limit this function to be restricted to the canvas's size? (without having to manually draw a slice which I find a difficult to get exact since it doesn't seem to snap to the canvas edge)

This is an awesome function that's really speeds up the exporting & re-exporting process so I want to get past this issue. (I don't think it's a bug, I just need to tick a box somewhere to limit this command)

post-14828-0-82239700-1439986137_thumb.jpg

Thanks for this report! It proves even further that my proposed solution is a good one!

You see, this problem doesn't just affect cropped content. The Affinity products haven't got the calculations correct for cropped content, for layer fx either, etc.

And instead of wasting a lot of time implementing slice-calculation that is intricately aware of how to calculate the slice area for each of those things, it can be solved *all* in one go, *and* adding a super useful "Threshold" function, if it's done in this way:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/12074-automatic-slice-calculations-misinterpret-layer-fx/

(see post #3 for a proposed solution, which would solve layer fx, cropping and all other potential slice calculation issues in 1 second, and would add a useful "threshold" feature). ;)