Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'afb-1791'.
I started a new project in APub Beta 249 today to test working with my normal novel-writing workflow: write in Scrivener, layout in APub. In this particular novel, I use both English and French. I started a new chapter. My Master Pages are set to default to English (Canada) as are the Assets I use for chapter and body text frames. I copied the text from Scrivener (also English-Canada) to APub. As expected the French text showed the red squiggly line to indicate a spelling error. I highlighted the offending text (and yes, I was very careful about exactly what I highlighted--no leading or trailing spaces or punctuation), and changed the language to French (France). This removed the red squigglies, but the first English word following was now showing the red squiggly. The language still showed English (Canada). When I changed the language to French (France) and back to English (Canada), the red squiggly under the English word disappeared. I did this several times--for all the French phrases. Oddly, the behaviour was inconsistent. Sometimes, after changing that first English word's language, the French phrase showed the red squiggly again, even though the language for the phrase was still set at French (France). Using the old addage "if it's quirky--roboot" I closed APub and opened it again, then the new project. To my surprise, all the French words showed squigglies, as well as only some of the first English words. When I checked the Character->Language setting, they were still appropriately set to French (France) and English (Canada).