Oh thanks, thought I perhaps hadn’t posted in the correct area
After I posted I continued to fiddle around with the different options and I managed to get it to turn out alright. I used the inpainting tool where it would work properly and then used a mix of cloning and patch tool.
I did notice that when I would use the patch tool, it keeps in tune with the tones of the area I was trying to fix. Like where the fence was over the kangaroo, it was lighter than the rest of the fur. I’d mark out an area to fix and choose a darker part of the fur to get a closer match, but in seeing the samples in the marked area to correct, it was lighter than what I was actually panning over. Don’t know if that all made sense lol. I didn’t see anywhere to change the settings to keep the colours/tones with what I was panning over. I used the cloning brush to get more of what I was after.
Anyway I did get a decent result, now for more practice!