I checked the incompatible apps list, nope. Windows 10. I have an i7 with 32G of ram.
It seems to occur in a combination of these actions...
1. Copy and paste a layer
2. Play with same layer usin Mesh Warp tool
3. Then selecting the pointer, and/or changing layer. You'll suddenly notice you can't change layer.
At first it will appear everything is fine (50% of things respond properly), but.....
- You'll notice you can't change your layer.
- Your CPU has gone to 100% with the affinity process taking up 99.99%
- If you save, it will appear to save but no file is saved (thankfully recovery seems to work)
- If you go to quit, that's when you'll notice the application is definitely crashed (goes white, unresponsive). Have to terminate.
I just did it again now while writing this, so it should be easily reproduceable. I can also get a log or something (if you tell me how), as it stays "running" while its crashed.