Hi - sorry for the delay getting back to you. I had to go overseas and just got back. My trial has since expired so i'll try to remember the steps I took to create the macro.
1. I opened the image above and started recording a macro.
2. I resized the image to 1280px of the longest edge
3. I placed the banner image I wanted in the top centre of the image
4. Flattened the layers and stoped recording.
Then I closed the image and went to batch processor, selected a folder of images, selected a save to folder, added the macro I created and ran it. All the images processed and went to the correct folder but the banner was enlarged, lower down and off the main image as the above image shows.
Interestingly, I seem to recall that if I just run the macro on an already open image it did what I was expecting it to (I think)