No image editing software can make something appear that isn't in the image to begin with, but you might be able to find another photo with open eyes & paste them over the closed eyes in the photo you are editing.

Affinity Photo 1.7.3, Affinity Designer 1.7.3, Affinity Publisher 1.7.3; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.155 & Affinity Designer 1.7.3.1 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 13.1.2

@GottaRun

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

If you find software that automatically does this, then I have 85% of the pictures ever taken of my wife that need correcting for perfectly timed blinks. It's a running joke that she seems to have slept through most of the first 20 years of our relationship (after which we gave up trying to get a good shot).

Patrick Connor
Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Latest releases on each platform 

Eternal hope for hanging on to them. I did see Facebook example using AI 

that pasted open eyes over and it looked fantastic. It only showed the before

in-between and the final result. I didn't find any further info. 

Edited by GottaRun
typo

1 hour ago, GottaRun said:

Thanks. Is there a tutorial that shows how to do that with Affinity?

Photoshop Elements can semi-automate opening closed eyes using the same persons or other peoples eyes

as per this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACqV8lJOcXU

This second video shows how to do it manually when the semi-automatic procedure in Photoshop fail -  all of which can be done in Affinity Photo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYZx-hmAwVg

Due to the fact that Boris Johnson is now our Prime Minister, punctuation, spelling and grammar will never be worried about ever again.  We now have far bigger problems to be concerned about.

2 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

@GottaRun

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

If you find software that automatically does this, then I have 85% of the pictures ever taken of my wife that need correcting for perfectly timed blinks. It's a running joke that she seems to have slept through most of the first 20 years of our relationship (after which we gave up trying to get a good shot).

Some cameras have Rapid Fire or simply hold down shutter button to get multiple shots, one should give you a good shot.

Cecil - North Carolina

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB. iPad Pro 10.5.

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

48 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

Thanks, I'll just go back to my past and try that ;) 

Nice comeback, I was referring to your “after which we gave up trying to get a good shot”.

Cecil - North Carolina

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB. iPad Pro 10.5.

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection