Sign in to follow this  
janp

Affinity Photo file viewer

Hi folks,

I'm trying to find a workaround.

Working with Affinty Photo is inconveniant as it comes to sorting out and finding the right files.

1] Affinity Photo only gives the opportunity to save a work in progress in afphoto format. I was formerly used to Photoshop and saved all in layered tiff bypassing the psd format.

2] In the case i use Capture 1 as raw format importer i export the files as tif. These exported files are not anymore included within browsing in C1. I use Adobe bridge for that.

3] In case of using Affinity Photo for importing raw files, the finally file will be afphoto.

4) I prefer to use the AF raw engine because it gives great results. But afterwards theres no conveniant way to explore the files Bridge alike.

Anyone with a suggestion?

jan

If your workflow includes a TIFF file opening in Affinity Photo, you can do a File > Save and overwrite that TIFF file. If you have layers you will be asked whether you want to Save with Layers or instead do a Save As. If you choose to Save with Layers the file should go back whereever it came from.

Note that only Photo will be able to work with the data in the layers later.

Alternatively, if you're starting with a raw file, you can Export to a TIFF format, and in the Export dialog you can choose to save the Affinity layers.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1909 (183623.476), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.502 Beta