You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Svg font does not display

• Staff

Hi Cmy,

Welcome to the forums :)

I've downloaded this font here and installed it into Affinity Designer for iPad - the font can be selected and appears correctly for me, in both it's regular and bold variant.

Could you please confirm for me, did you install the font through Affinity, or through another app/iOS?

Please make sure your text colour is set to something other than white & is not at 0% opacity!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

Hi Dan, 

I just realized the link to the font I’ve provided does not include the problematic font. I have no problem with the script font but the svg font (both regular and bold) just would not display. 

Unfortunately the link to where I purchased the font is no longer available, but I’ve screenshots the fonts installed here, not sure if you would be able to see what the issue is.. thanks again

Thanks again for looking into it quickly. 

I’ve tried another SVG font (Maria rose: https://creativemarket.com/SilverStag/3727769-Maria-Rose-Elegant-Script-SVG-Font) and I’m experiencing the same problem, even though the font is installed, the text would not display on the app if the svg font is selected. 

Is there a way to fix this or am I not doing something right? 

Thanks again! 

I don't have an iAnything...

SVG fonts that do not have fallback glyphs do not work in Affinity applications. The Maria Rose font is a font without fallback glyphs. For the The Soak up the Sun font, the version from the link isn't an SVG font so I cannot test it as an SVG font.

The SVG font, Bluesky, is an SVG font that demonstrates what happens when fallback glyphs are present. In the screen shot below is the Bluesky font in AD, which uses fallback glyphs at the top of the screen shot. At the bottom is how that font looks when using an application that can use SVG fonts as designed.

Capture_000271.png.a1f73b68899ee02d0f04b409a14f4f2c.png