You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Scale with object as a default option

There have been similar posts earlier, but as it seems like nothing much has happened, perhaps the topic needs a push? 

Anyway, it seems to be two general kind of illustrators when regard to having strokes and lines scaling with objects; the first kind is the methodical one, who prefers to build up the drawing first and adding brushes afterwards, which I guess is a natural technique developed from the early days of vector based illustration. 
Then you have illustrators like me, who are newer to the game and who finally learn vector through programmes like Affinity Designer on an iPad, using Pencil. It’s fast and smooth and intuitive and you can easily swap between vector and raster. That makes it very easy to draw almost like you would draw on paper. You thrown down a quick sketch in raster and continue in vector, adding quick brush strokes, varying the brushes etc. Finally, you add colours and might do some shading in raster as well.

But then we have the problem with scaling with objects.
For the first kind of illustrator it’s preferable that this is not on by default. 
For the second kind, it would be great if one could have it on by default. 

I think that vector illustration has developed a lot since the beginning and is still developing, thanks to the development of software and hardware. Therefore I think lots of people would have welcomed such an option in the preferences. It would have been enormously time saving.