You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher shuts down when loading a file

ConwayB

Hello,

I see that this problem is not unique. I am trying to load a 7.5Mb file but everytime I do, it shuts down after a few seconds with no error messages. Other files open fine.

• I am using Windows 10.
  • Publisher Version is 1.7.3.481
  • Images are linked but I changed the folder name, got the dialogue box asking if I want to use the Resource Manager and tried doing so and also not doing so
  • I tried to change the file name
  • I tried to move the file to another location and open it from there
  • It didn't occur with previous versions

After going through the various problems others have experienced, I have seen the helpdesk asking for the files to be sent so they can be inspected, but there is no answer as to why it occurs or a link to known problems. Can you please provide some feedback or a link so we don't have to keep searching for a prospective solution? I have purchased AP, AD, APu and was very excited to move away from Adobe but this problem is frustrating and never occurred on Adobe. Please help and provide feedback.

Thanks in advance.

ConwayB

CAHC19 Program Master Pages A single.afpub

• Staff

Hi @ConwayB,

The main reason we see files like this is due to a bug in the app which can allow files to get into a slightly corrupt state (it relates to using facing pages with pinned objects). This should be fixed in a future release.

I initially thought your file was another example of this but the area it is crashing in is slightly different (it is crashing when composing text however), I've logged it for our developers to investigate further.

I'll update you if we get more information on what we think happened here, it crashes in all versions of the app for me.

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the response and explanation. Originally the file was facing pages, but I separated them to create a PDF flip book.

I am enjoying getting to know AP's features, but this bug was very frustrating. Fortunately I have the original text in separate documents so I will start from scratch in InDesign and await further word on the fix. Unfortunately I have a deadline looming.

I appreciate your efforts and I look forward to a more stable release.

Cheers

CB

• 1 month later...

I have the identical problem (and obviously the identical OS and software version):

• I am using Windows 10. 
  • Publisher Version is 1.7.3.481
  • I tried to change the file name
  • I tried to move the file to another location and open it from there
  • It didn't occur with previous versions, although there were crashes where I could recover the last safed version of a file

I can import the created PDF file, but that's it. It would be nice if you can send me the fixed file, and take care for this bug in your software a.s.a.p.

KurzHB_UMC4015_Optimas.afpub