You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

The tool bar and other panels are off the edge of the screen

Hi. 

Here's my problem. I'm on a macbook and I connect to a 27in apple display. I was working on Affinity Designer with my macbook connected to the display at the office. Now I'm home and I'm just working off the laptop, I opened Designer and there are no tool bars or panels on the screen.

I've tried using the the View menu to toggle them off and on, but they are still not visible. I selected customise toolbar and it became visible, but then after pressing ok it disappears again. I thinking the problem is AD is remembering the location of the toolbars on my 27in display which is way bigger than my laptop screen and positioning them offscreen when I'm not connecting to it.

Anyone know how to fix this? I've already restarted my macbook and I won't be in the office for a couple of days, so can't just hook back up to the display to rearrange them.

thanks

Pete

• 2 years later...
20 hours ago, yeffdaley said:

Has there been a fix since 2015 that doesn't involve resetting the app settings? I don't want to (nor think I should) lose my studio setup, shortcuts, etc.

I was able to work around this on macOS by plugging back into my external display and using the "mirror displays" function within macOS's system settings. This allowed me to grab and reattach the studio palette before I returning to dual-display mode.

Seems like a bug to fix though.