You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello all,

I have an image file with my old military unit where they have updated our unit patch. Is there anyone who could retrace the image into a clean vector file? I have tried the fee online apps and nothing seems to get the image clean. 

PNG image.png

C0ABD096-1CB7-4126-9F6E-D93ECF2241BB.jpeg

Hi, Keahi,

Basically, the starting image is really "dirty." There are lots of compression artifacts which muddle the shape edges, but one can still see the patch's thread work, which adds more extraneous detail. 

I tried a couple of different vectorizing settings, and did a little little image processing to clean it up for other tries, and got results much like PixelPest posted.

One might start from there, and after lots of node tweaking, get a vector restoration that is a smoother and more accurate reproduction.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

Couldn't you just put out a word to the unit, there must be a good version of this, even in raster format that can be sent to you, else it's going to be several cups of coffee and an afternoon doodling with the pen tool.

Screen-Shot-2019-10-13-at-14-06-23.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions