You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

first stroke halting, next stroke smooth?

I’m working on a drawing on and off all day. I pick up the apple pencil, make a stroke with the vector brush and the stroke appears haltingly, as though the iPad is having trouble drawing it on the screen. I make a second, similar stroke with the same tool right next to the first one and it draws smoothly, just as I’m used to on this iPad.

what’s even more interesting is that if I undo back to before that first halting pen stroke, and draw a line again, the first one is halting and the subsequent ones are liquidy smooth.

anyone ever experience this?  FYI, it’s the vector brush, basic Pen.

• Staff

Hi VectorCat,

Are you still running IOS 12.4?  

Is Designer left open and running between while you work on the drawing over the day?  We may need to get a screen recording showing this in action if i can't replicate the issue.