You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Flat-pack design with linked box images

Hi all!  I am trying to create a box design based on a flat-pack die-cut template.  The actual "print-readiness" of this is not critical, I just want to show my client what a sample box design would look like.

Can this be done in any Affinity program?

• Start with a flat pack design like that attached layout.PNG.
  • Have associated "front" "back" "left side" "right side" views show up, where if I create a colored bar that stretches across different regions in the flat-pack file, those bars/graphics are appropriately shown on the "real world" views.
  • I don't need anything isometric done (like what was shown here:  https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/32968-ad-only-isometric-mock-up-with-symbols/) ...but along the same lines....with "views" being updated when the main file is updated.

I have all three Affinity products...does anyone know of a way to "link" views so I can update the flat design and show the client in real time what their box faces would look like? 

BECF-111.svg

layout.PNG

Almost as good as Origami for Adobe Illustrator ;)

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

25 minutes ago, dutchshader said:

? Never used illustrator

https://boxshot.com/origami/ 

You can tell origami how to fold a flat die using layer names, quite clever really.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Thanks @dutchshader, that is getting there!  I just don't know if this is asking too much from Affinity products.  The attached file from another forum post did it, but I have no idea how that works....the Origami product is perfect, but that requires Illustrator as well as the Origami license ($100 plus Adobe which is $600/yr...or the main boxshot product which is $200) :(

Honestly, the attached file does what I need, but I don't know how to re-create it with my own template, with regions in the main artboard spilling over mostly properly to other sides.   I could completely do this with images, and then apply them to 3D models (I am in the mechanical engineering world), but that does not allow live updates.

Thanks @firstdefence for the pointer to Boxshot, I many end up going that route.

box_symbol_isometric.afdesign