You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Neither 100% or Actual Size in Navigator are Displaying Actual Print Size

I have looked around the forum and can't see anyone else with the same problem.  My project is not displaying actual print size when it is set to 100% or Actual Size.  My pages are 8x8 and are displaying about 10x10 when viewing at 100%.  Any ideas?  I just started having this issue in the last two weeks, and I cannot figure out what is causing it.  I need to view it at true size and I keep having to just guess at it.  Thank you!

100% is not actual size. 100% means that 1 pixel of the image occupies 1 pixel on the screen, and the size will depend on the PPI of your screen.

View > Zoom > Actual Size should give you a view that is the actual size, though, based on the pixel dimensions and DPI. You should see that if you enable the rulers and measure them on-screen with an actual ruler.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

> I just started having this issue in the last two weeks,

Did any change of monitors or setting happen in that time? – This "Actual" or "Print Size" can be different than in reality if you use two monitors. Affinity adapts to the screen resolution of the monitor where the app starts. In case you move the main window to the second screen then there this size appears different, related to that monitors resolution.

> I keep having to just guess at it.

No need to estimate. Detect the correct zoom level for "Actual Size" quite easily by holding a paper in 8 x 8 on the screen and adjust the zoom slider in the navigator panel until the real object and the virtual appear in same size. The resulting percentage is your correct "Actual Size".

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Thank you, Thomaso.  I have found 80% to be my actual size, but I would like to know why I never had the problem before.  I did flip my dual monitors' positions a while ago, so you may have something there as to the resolution of the launching monitor.  I will be looking into that for sure.  Thank you very much for your help.  I love Affinity!