You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Would this Photoshop plugin work on Affinity Photo?

I want to buy the Shadowify plugin but I don't know if it works with AF Photo. How can I tell if a plugin is compatible? It looks like this plugin creates many multiple drop shadows on the same fx panel, which is something that AF Photo cant do, yet. Hopefully in the future that will be added. So I'm going to assume that it's not compatible.

What are some good Photoshop plugins that do work with Affinity photo? I would love to have a list of them. 

I know I've had some success using the Multifill plugin by a company called Bpelt or Peltmade. I don't remember which one is the correct name. What Multifill does is it takes black line art and fills in the white spaces with flat colors. it makes flatting comics much easier.

Does anyone have any other plugins that work with Photo?

57 minutes ago, Russ2 said:

This list is helpful, but many of those (such as the ones from ON1) I would not expect to work as proper plug-ins for Affinity Photo.

That said, most good solid plugins such as the ones from Topaz Labs work quite well if the instructions for installing them as plugins is done correctly. I even have others not on this list which work very well for me.

Over the years I’ve found that a plug-in based workflow is going to hinder more than help you. Buy plug-ins for tools or features for which you cannot otherwise develop a workflow. One reason I moved away from Photoshop was because I sat down at my desktop one day and realized I had become wayyy too dependent upon not only PS but also their plugin ecosystem. :49_triumph:

1 hour ago, jcalsos said:

I want to buy the Shadowify plugin but I don't know if it works with AF Photo. How can I tell if a plugin is compatible? It looks like this plugin creates many multiple drop shadows on the same fx panel, which is something that AF Photo cant do, yet. Hopefully in the future that will be added. So I'm going to assume that it's not compatible.

Do they offer a free trial? If so, you can always try to install it as a plug-in for Affinity Photo and see how things go.