You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Question about how brush appears

I am on Mac Mojave O/S  - Affinity Photo V1.7.3. My question is about the tool that appears when I try to apply sharpening in High Pass after inverting the applied mask. It doesn't remain a circle but changes into a little line. It is very hard to follow and I can say that so far I dislike even trying to use it. How can I make my brush show up as a circle again? See the attached screen shot of the little line that I am referring to.

Thanks for help with this problem.

Skitterbug

QUESTION.png

I'll check...... Yes - it WAS checked and now it isn't! And yes, that corrected the problem. I did not see this covered in any of the documentation. The explanation may be there but for me it is apparently well hidden!

Thank you very much for replying and sharing info! I appreciate it!

Skitterbug

I totally agree - it doesn't seem very useful at this point in my photo editing scheme. It would be nice if there was some documentation about it and maybe there is, but I haven't located anything yet.

Again, thank you! I'm a happy camper again! :)

Edited by Skitterbug
goofed up a word.....

2 minutes ago, Skitterbug said:

I totally agree - it doesn't seem very useful at this point in my photo editing scheme. I'd be nice if there was some documentation about it and maybe there is, but I haven't located anything yet.

See if you like this link...

https://camerajabber.com/how-to-use-affinity-photos-new-stabilised-brush-tools/

3 minutes ago, Skitterbug said:

Again, thank you! I'm a happy camper again! :)

Good! That's what we want!! :10_wink:

1 hour ago, Skitterbug said:

It would be nice if there was some documentation about it and maybe there is, but I haven't located anything yet.

From the online Painting brush strokes help topic:

706408180_smoothstrokes.jpg.1e2770a80933ee27f7e8b04bc0316068.jpg

However, entering "Stabilizer" in the search field doesn't find it.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

On 10/11/2019 at 8:24 PM, Chul said:

See if you like this link...

https://camerajabber.com/how-to-use-affinity-photos-new-stabilised-brush-tools/

Good! That's what we want!! :10_wink:

Thank you for the link to brush info! As you may guess, I am maybe a couple of steps above beginner regarding photo editing with this application. I haven't used this to its full potential! I have the workbook and am making headway through it but I'm impatient. And then I run into problems like the stabilizer and what does it do, etc. becoming frustrated when I can't find the info that I need.

So again, thank you for your help with this!