You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Vector & pixel brush “blob” errors

RobRed

34 minutes ago, Xanderino said:

Is there any progress on this problem. It is the only reason I continue to switch between this and adobe illustrator.
It seems this has been going on for a while. I wouldn’t recommend this for hand inking with this bug.

No I’ve e given up. These devs are useless and don’t give a shit about their users. They rather work on “new features” to make more money with new releases than fix than fix what isn’t working. I’ve sent them 100s of email and they just don’t give a shit! What a waste of money, real crap attitude from Serif

40 minutes ago, RobRed said:

No I’ve e given up. These devs are useless and don’t give a shit about their users. They rather work on “new features” to make more money with new releases than fix than fix what isn’t working. I’ve sent them 100s of email and they just don’t give a shit! What a waste of money, real crap attitude from Serif

Well shit. That’s disappointing. Makes it hard to do professional work with the app. I’ll make sure others are aware. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/28/2020 at 7:47 PM, RobRed said:

Hi, is there any update? Have you found the solutions? Because i have the same issue like yours, thanks. And i`m little bit upset when i see the AD devs don’t handle it after years

• 4 weeks later...

Been running into this issue recently but narrowed it down to pressure sensitivity settings for both normal settings and the brush. Didn’t have time to get it exact but it seems this will be a solution to fixing the blobs when inking.

Gotta say though, one of the comments on here is ridiculous. Whoever it was that said Affinity doesn’t care and they only want money is so ridiculously ignorant..

You sound like an ungrateful little brat. 

10 hours ago, hellakidz said:

Been running into this issue recently but narrowed it down to pressure sensitivity settings for both normal settings and the brush. Didn’t have time to get it exact but it seems this will be a solution to fixing the blobs when inking.

Gotta say though, one of the comments on here is ridiculous. Whoever it was that said Affinity doesn’t care and they only want money is so ridiculously ignorant..

You sound like an ungrateful little brat. 

Ah talking about “brat”, sounds like you’re looking in the mirror. You sound like a way over privileged snowflake who’s virtual signaling through his rear. This issue has been around for over a year, probably 2, many have experienced it, devs have admitted they knew about it all the time but don’t find it a priority to deal with it. That sounds like devs who don’t care to me and it sends a real bad message. 
But you, some buttercup who’s just come across it,  now has the magic solution huh. Please ... bring it on, please, solve what the devs either couldn’t or didn’t care to in over 2 years. Bring it on buttercup.

Brat😘

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Everyone. Here is a sad SOLUTION. 

I don't really understand why developer keep ignoring that issue. Affinity photo have so much for painting and then shooting itself in the leg by not fixing this little thing that makes painting simply IMPOSSIBLE \( * Д*)/

But anyway there is a solution to that issue that helped me. So problem is in some improper reading of pencil pressure in first quarter of sesitivity. That way to remove this issue we must CUT OUT one fourth of pen sensitivity in settings of affinity. That is pretty radical way but it do fix that issue unlike developers who ignore it for 2 years already 😕

Pencil_settings.jpg

Comparison.jpg

49 minutes ago, Jorn_siberian said:

I don't really understand why developer keep ignoring that issue. Affinity photo have so much for painting and then shooting itself in the leg by not fixing this little thing that makes painting simply IMPOSSIBLE

British arrogance perhaps?

I wrote about this issue to all affinity e-mails that I have found and probably will need to write couple more times until I will get an answer on when it's gonna be fixed or not gonna be fixed ever. But you also can help and send them e-mails about that issue to get it finally solved.

Here is an example text for e-mail to make developers more aware of that ridiculous situation that lasts two years already. Join me in this little burocracy quests of sending those e-mails. 

"Hi. I am an Affinity Photo user.
Affinity Photo is the best by all means for artists to create paintings on iPad. But there is one issue that was repeatedly reported by users for 2 years that makes professional delicate \ filigree work literally impossible as it ruins almost each brushstroke by making a high pressure stamp right at the beginning of the stroke.

There is a "solution" for myself, but it is a painful one. To solve that stamp problem I need to cut out 1\4 of pencil sensitivity in Affinity Photo settings. In the attached file you can see how that bug works on low pressure brushstrokes with opacity and size dynamics.

Also here is a link to a forum thread on that issue: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/99794-vector-pixel-brush-%E2%80%9Cblob%E2%80%9D-errors/

As there is no answer on forum, I would really like to get some feedback on that issue as I am waiting for that bug to be fixed for 2! years."

3 minutes ago, Jorn_siberian said:

I wrote about this issue to all affinity e-mails that I have found and probably will need to write couple more times until I will get an answer on when it's gonna be fixed or not gonna be fixed ever. But you also can help and send them e-mails about that issue to get it finally solved.

Here is an example text for e-mail to make developers more aware of that ridiculous situation that lasts two years already. Join me in this little burocracy quests of sending those e-mails. 

"Hi. I am an Affinity Photo user.
Affinity Photo is the best by all means for artists to create paintings on iPad. But there is one issue that was repeatedly reported by users for 2 years that makes professional delicate \ filigree work literally impossible as it ruins almost each brushstroke by making a high pressure stamp right at the beginning of the stroke.

There is a "solution" for myself, but it is a painful one. To solve that stamp problem I need to cut out 1\4 of pencil sensitivity in Affinity Photo settings. In the attached file you can see how that bug works on low pressure brushstrokes with opacity and size dynamics.

Also here is a link to a forum thread on that issue: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/99794-vector-pixel-brush-%E2%80%9Cblob%E2%80%9D-errors/

As there is no answer on forum, I would really like to get some feedback on that issue as I am waiting for that bug to be fixed for 2! years."

Unfortunately they are very aware but just don’t care. Utterly disgusting.

Good on you all though for making the effort. Just sad that this is what it’s come to. It’s a complete insult to users of their apps. I don’t bother with their apps anymore, I’ve found alternatives. 

20 hours ago, Jorn_siberian said:

Hi, Everyone. Here is a sad SOLUTION. 

I don't really understand why developer keep ignoring that issue. Affinity photo have so much for painting and then shooting itself in the leg by not fixing this little thing that makes painting simply IMPOSSIBLE \( * Д*)/

But anyway there is a solution to that issue that helped me. So problem is in some improper reading of pencil pressure in first quarter of sesitivity. That way to remove this issue we must CUT OUT one fourth of pen sensitivity in settings of affinity. That is pretty radical way but it do fix that issue unlike developers who ignore it for 2 years already 😕

Pencil_settings.jpg

Comparison.jpg

Seems promising ... will give it a try. Thanks for the share.

This bug has to be made better known to customers so that new buyers know what to expect. Only loss of sales could lead to a change in thinking and respect customers. This old thread is truly the wrong place. Maybe a youtube video will reach more people.

• 1 month later...
On 7/22/2020 at 11:14 PM, RobRed said:

Ah talking about “brat”, sounds like you’re looking in the mirror. You sound like a way over privileged snowflake who’s virtual signaling through his rear. This issue has been around for over a year, probably 2, many have experienced it, devs have admitted they knew about it all the time but don’t find it a priority to deal with it. That sounds like devs who don’t care to me and it sends a real bad message. 
But you, some buttercup who’s just come across it,  now has the magic solution huh. Please ... bring it on, please, solve what the devs either couldn’t or didn’t care to in over 2 years. Bring it on buttercup.

Brat😘

Yea, I'm not gonna entertain all that..  In the case of Affinity Devs, you can't simply jump to conclusion's and expect that by complaining more it'll help. A reply was given which stated the bug was already logged and brought to the developers attn.

"Unfortunately the AD developers don’t give a shit about the users! They’ve been informed many times, are very well aware, but have chosen to ignore it and I’ve been told it’s not a priority to them. For them a priority is rather putting together new version to make money.."   - How do you know what they consider a priority?

"Utterly disgusting attitude."   -  hmm..

There's hidden costs to everything and coding's no exception. Something that seems minor or straightforward could potentially cause issues in other areas. Things just aren't that simple. But to kick and yell hoping it'll somehow gain more consideration - or even worse, to start insulting those who actually put in the work is, in fact, thoughtless and inconsiderate.

Jon_Siberian's advice seemed pretty solid - hope everything worked out for you.

- Dad

1 hour ago, hellakidz said:

Yea, I'm not gonna entertain all that..  In the case of Affinity Devs, you can't simply jump to conclusion's and expect that by complaining more it'll help. A reply was given which stated the bug was already logged and brought to the developers attn.

"Unfortunately the AD developers don’t give a shit about the users! They’ve been informed many times, are very well aware, but have chosen to ignore it and I’ve been told it’s not a priority to them. For them a priority is rather putting together new version to make money.."   - How do you know what they consider a priority?

"Utterly disgusting attitude."   -  hmm..

There's hidden costs to everything and coding's no exception. Something that seems minor or straightforward could potentially cause issues in other areas. Things just aren't that simple. But to kick and yell hoping it'll somehow gain more consideration - or even worse, to start insulting those who actually put in the work is, in fact, thoughtless and inconsiderate.

Jon_Siberian's advice seemed pretty solid - hope everything worked out for you.

- Dad

Thnx for nice words. But in the end I am finally gave up. I do need to use full sensitivity of my hand to make brushstrokes, but working in affinity cuts out 1/4 of it so I am unable to make there subtle lines which are important. If developers don’t see that issue as any priority in two years then this app is not developed for paintings. Will look for another app that will not cause such annoying problem. And great that some of apps actually do worry about customer service and bug fixing.

• 8 months later...