You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

When choosing a shaped brush in Designer all I get is a straight line. What am I doing wrong. I have tried using the pressure graph but that makes no difference. I chose brush 125 as shown in the attached screen shot but there is no shape and it is the same with other ones.

Affinity capture.PNG

• Staff

If you've used the Vector Brush Tool to draw the line, changing the pressure profile won't affect it. If you don't have a tablet and pen to use for pressure, try changing the Controller to something else, like Velocity. This issue has been passed over to our developers to look into.

If you use the Pencil Tool to draw a line instead and then use the pressure profile it will adjust the line.

Just read this and as part of a reply to a post of face book I tried the pencil tool and the pen tool, I don't know if this has been reported but if I set the pressure profile as per the gif and then slide it left to right, one side appears sharp and doesn't end rounded see gif below.

Pressure-oddity.gif

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

I have found a way around my problem. Select vector brush tool - click on controller and select pressure - select the brush - go into stroke and select the pressure - change for desired effect  - then draw with the brush. This seems to have worked although a long winded way around it.