You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I import Apple Photos into Affinity Photo, from iPadOS using Shortcut. My problem,  I cannot export or save completed work to Apple Photos.  Process, I export to iCloud, select Photos and any method I select fails to save finished work in Apple Photos.  It will save work on iPad local storage.

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

• Staff

Hi Cecil,

34 minutes ago, Cecil said:

I import Apple Photos into Affinity Photo, from iPadOS using macro.

Using a Macro?? Or doing do you mean IOS Shortcut?

The way i've always saved back to Apple Photo, after bringing up the Export window and selecting my format, i then tap on the Share button and select Save Photo.  This adds the edited image to Apple Photos locally.  

I will edit to Shortcut, thanks and try the share to save to Photos.  This has to be changed, IMHO.

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

37 minutes ago, stokerg said:

Hi Cecil,

Using a Macro?? Or doing do you mean IOS Shortcut?

The way i've always saved back to Apple Photo, after bringing up the Export window and selecting my format, i then tap on the Share button and select Save Photo.  This adds the edited image to Apple Photos locally.  

The share process worked, why export to Photos or save to iCloud Photos option not available is a mystery to me.

Cecil 

• Staff
4 hours ago, Cecil said:

The share process worked, why export to Photos or save to iCloud Photos option not available is a mystery to me.

Would you be able to provide a screen recording of the short cut that didn't work.  I'm not sure if we are talking about the Shortcuts iPadOS lets you create or the the ones that show by default.  If there has been a change in standard behaviour i can at least get logged :) 

9 minutes ago, stokerg said:

The share process worked,

Actually it did work, as suggested, I was really thinking out loud “why” when you export the file, iCould Drive is not a choice to save your work.  Export to share, just seems strange.  I realized I had to create Shortcut to get the photo to open; however, Affinity Photo could or should be able to save a file back to iCloud Photos or my iPad local storage or USB or HD connected to iPad.  Thanks.

Cecil 

• Staff
1 hour ago, Cecil said:

Actually it did work, as suggested, I was really thinking out loud “why” when you export the file, iCould Drive is not a choice to save your work.  Export to share, just seems strange.  I realized I had to create Shortcut to get the photo to open; however, Affinity Photo could or should be able to save a file back to iCloud Photos or my iPad local storage or USB or HD connected to iPad.  Thanks.

Support for USB drives is on its way.  It's not been forgotten about so watch this space :) I also agree the saving process could be easier but from my understanding we are restricted to what the OS allows us to do.