You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Getting the correct colour change on a rastersed image

Hello guys
I have an image i want to change to   ...using a particular colour
The raster part of the image is currently red (image A) with a blue vector background & white vector text on top.
It also has some white brush effects on a separate layer

I want to change JUST the raster (red colour) to the same blue as the background but when i use the recolour adjustment with use the same HSL numbers it comes out a totally different and much lighter blue!(image b)

And the same using the HSL adjustment!

Can someone tell me what i'm doing wrong please? 

Pete

Image A.jpg

Image B.jpg

You should be able to get a good match by playing around with the sliders.
Alternatively, you could select the red part of the design, sample the blue, then fill the selection with it.

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

On 10/11/2019 at 10:29 AM, PaulEC said:

You should be able to get a good match by playing around with the sliders.
Alternatively, you could select the red part of the design, sample the blue, then fill the selection with it.

Hello again @PaulEC  ...just in case you missed my reply from Friday, i would really like to know if it is possible to sample the colour of one thing to then recolour another raster image in Pixel Persona or do I need to use the actual Paint programme?
Sampling is easy but here doesn't appear to be an option to use the sampled colour when opening the "re colour" adjustment