You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

@Django

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :)

The Mac build of Affinity Photo uses the built in scanner interface.

The Windows build of Affinity Photo has no direct scanning, and we recommend using the software that comes with your scanner and importing or opening the saved files.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

In Windows, if you have Affinity Photo as the default program to open tiff files, then if you save your scanned file as a tiff, it will automatically open in Affinity. This works for other file types.

This works for me with VueScan and SilverFast. It should work with the software from your scanner.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

Thanks for your answers. I'm on Windows 10. If we have to scan first, and then open the file in Affinity, it's not as fast as on "the other softwares", espacially when we have a lot of images to scan.  Anyway, now I don't find anymore how to start the scanner software Epson Scan alone (without importing in my old Photoshop).

Edited by Django

You need to ensure that Affinity Photo is set as the default program to open tiff files (rather than Photoshop).

Your windows search box should find the scanner software for you, but make sure the scanner is switched on before calling it. 

Having made the scan to your satisfaction, save it as a tiff file. It should then open automatically in Photo. This should happen whether or not Photo is already open. I find that when it opens the file, the Photo icon on the taskbar turns orange. Click on this and there is your scanned file in Photo.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

I found the Epson scan file to re-install it, and I purchased Affinity photo. This solution, of saving the tiff file from the scan and then open it in Affinity is OK.

Now, I have a lot of work to discover all Affinity. I've been working on Photoshop CS2 for years.

Edited by Django