You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo 1.7 crashing While using Lens Blur

My experience so far is that, while it doesn't crash, it's horribly slow. Also, when i apply a mask to the filter in order to paint out some of the effect, the brushing behaviour is very poor.

Affinity Photo - Affinity Designer - Affinity Publisher | macOS Sonoma (14.2) on 16GB MBP14 2021 with 2.4 versions

• Staff
On 10/12/2019 at 3:55 PM, RNKLN said:

My experience so far is that, while it doesn't crash, it's horribly slow. Also, when i apply a mask to the filter in order to paint out some of the effect, the brushing behaviour is very poor.

I can't even really get as far as that without it crashing. Perhaps whatever is causing the crash is causing poor performance for you. A screen recording may help if you could provide one.

The problem is that, when i make a recording, the recording kind of crashes (when i stop recording nothing is saved).

What i did notice while trying to record is that selecting a high Radius value (e.g. 800 px) seems to have a big impact. As long as that value is low there's not a real problem (just a little bit slow). As of a value of 200 px the performance really starts to deteriorate. I'm using images of an approx. 1080P size.

Note: i've also noticed that my fan keeps running after this exercise, even after i have quit Affinity Photo (it's not there any longer in Activity Monitor). Normally, it will go back to 'silent state' after a while.

Affinity Photo - Affinity Designer - Affinity Publisher | macOS Sonoma (14.2) on 16GB MBP14 2021 with 2.4 versions

• 2 weeks later...