You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Assigning a keyboard shortcut to 'space vertically/horizontally'

Hi,

I'm just trying to set up Affinity with my Elgato Streamdeck, and have hit a bit of a block where I can't assign a shortcut to distribute objects equally. There's align centre etc. but I can't see an option to set a keyboard shortcut for 'space vertically/horizontally'.

Am I looking in the wrong place or is this not possible?

Screenshot 2019-10-10 at 15.49.22.png

• Staff

Hi Peter Baumann,

Welcome to the forums :)

If you open Affinity Preference>Keyboard shortcuts you should find this option under the Layer option in the second dropdown list on the left-

image.png

I hope this helps!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Sorry, should have clarified. I'm in Affinity Photo, not designer. Photo doesn't seem to have the alignment categories in the Layer section. Wish the search box in the top right would work for finding specific shortcut actions, but when I type in it it just takes me back to the main preferences interface - is that the same for everyone or is it just me?

• Staff

My apologies, the keyboard shortcuts in Affinity are based on the Menu options and Affinity Photos 'Arrange' menu doesn't currently contain 'Space Horizontally/Vertically' options, meaning there's no keyboard shortcut for this action at this time.

I'll move this thread to our Feature Requests section for our devs to see and consider adding into a future version!

6 minutes ago, Peter Baumann said:

Wish the search box in the top right would work for finding specific shortcut actions, but when I type in it it just takes me back to the main preferences interface - is that the same for everyone or is it just me?

The search box here is for all Settings, rather than individual keyboard shortcuts, hence when you use this search it returns you to the main preferences screen.

I hope this clears things up :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!