You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Blur Tool affinity ipad

Hi There,

i have the problem, that im not able to use the blur tool anymore. I use Apple Pencil and iPad Pro. When I want to blur parts of the picture, i can see the blur effect while sliding over the part i want to work on, but the effect goes away and doesn’t stay. Same with the effect to sharpen parts of the picture using the sharpen tool.

you have any idea what im doing wrong? Before it worked....now not any more and i have no clue what the problem is.

thanks a lot

Thanks for the quick response...but this doesn’t work. I just don’t see the blur adjustment. I see it somehow while drawing the effect on the pic, but directly after i lift up the pencil from the picture it gets back how it was before. Means, the effect doesn’t stay.

thanks

• Staff

You can upload the recording on here if you wish, when you hit Reply and the edit section appears you can click Choose files or drag and drop the file. You can also send it direct to @DWright, hover over his username on one of his posts and then click message.

another example...trying to blur the background (racks and stuff)...you can see that as long as I swipe with the pencil over the picture, it shows the blur effect, but it doesn't last and normally if you keep on swiping over the same part of the picture, the blur effect gets more effective, which it does not. (the face doesn't has to do with it, just want to make it no recognizable). thanks 

• Staff

The blur tool is working but it makes fine adjustments and you will have to paint with this tool a lot to see large amount of blurring, you can use the smudge tool to create an blur effect quicker which is useful if you wish to obscure a person or brand name from a photo

Another method is to use a Gaussian Blur live filter to the whole photo and then erase the mask on the parts of the photo you wish to remain sharp as shown the the screen recording below