You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Eraser causing spinning wheel and eventual having to force quit

Tr48

Hi.  Just thought I would share a problem over the past month or so.  On several occasions, when I click the Erase icon with my Intuos Pro pen I get a spinning wheel.  Sometimes it stops after a few seconds and starts again as if the programme is confused.  It usually stutters on and off and I have to close the image and open again.   On one occasion AP hung and I had to force quit the iMac.  On this last occasion I had added a lighting layer and found it would not let me paint out some of the effect by the inbuilt mask, not could I resolve that by adding a mask so I thought I would try erasing part of the layer... spinning wheel result.

Very peculiar.

• Staff

Hey Tr48,

Can you confirm which model tablet you are using and which drivers you have installed for it? Also, which version of macOS are you running?

I've checked with two different Intuos tablets on my machine and it's working fine for me.

Hi Chris B.  Thanks for responding.

Intuos Pro M.  Driver 6.3.36-2

3.3Gz iMac i5.  16GB DDR3;  AMD Radeon R9 M395 2GB with OS Mojave 10.14.6

I sometimes wonder if my machine is up to the task.  I also have setting so that live filters etc are child layers where possible.

Many Thanks.

Hi Again

Thanks.  I unticked metal for the radeon which allowed me to change from basic to OpenGL - I didn't choose the OpenGL (basic).

Would it help to change view to nearest neighbour?  Does that have much of an effect>

Hi Chiris

Thank you for enquiring.

Something good happened!  In the (only) one photo I have repeated the commands, not only did the brush work properly with the Lighting in-built filter, but when I tried the eraser just to see if it was working, it was fine.

I would have thanked you earlier but coincidentally I only did this yesterday afternoon.