You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crashing while moving image and pining images to header

Hello,

I'm currently experiencing crashes in the publisher.

Trigger 1:
The crashes are triggered by the table of contents when an image is pinned on a header.

Trigger 2:
(50 pages document with many tables and text fields) Moving a text field causes a crash.

In both cases, the Publisher closes without warning or error message.

• Staff

Hmm I can't reproduce either of those crashes.

If i move the groups or text frames indivudually on page 49 it doesn't seem to crash.

The crashes are triggered by the table of contents when an image is pinned on a header.

Can you clarify? If i pin an object to the ToC header on page 2 it also doesn't crash.

It might be useful to see crash dumps, if you can go to %appdata%\Affinity\Publisher\1.0\CrashReports\reports and upload what's in this folder it might be useful.

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Hello Jon,

i uploaded an older version of the File (ToC-Crash) with pinned Images (to Headlines) and two Memory Dumps (Toc-Crash and Text-Field)...

Updating the ToC triggers the Crash. For a fraction of a second i can see one of the pictures in the table of contents, then the program closes.

Edited by Martin BUFA

I just noticed that the crash (Text Field Moving) only happened on my main monitor. On the second monitor the Publisher doesn't crash.

ToC-Update crashes on both monitors.

Graphic-Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 630 Rev. 2 / 1GB (Lates driver)
Monitor 1: 1920 x 1080
Monitor 2: 1280 x 1024

Edited by Martin BUFA

• Staff

Hi Martin,

I can constantly reproduce the ToC crash, it's due to the pinned image on Page 13, it's been to the heading and that seems to be causing it, if you move this pin elsewhere it should allow you to update the ToC for now. I can't reproduce that from scratch but either way it's logged for the developers to look at!

The moving text frame I can reproduce but it seems to be a bit more "fiddly". I can confirm it needs to be on my second monitor (I have different resolution/DPI monitors like yourself) but it doesn't do it all the time. Does it crash for you every time you move the frame on the second monitor, or have you found the same?

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Hi Jon,

Because I' m home now, I use my private profile.

ToC crash:
Removing the pins/pinning was also my workaround.

Text frame moving crash:
It crashes every time on my first/main Monitor, but not on the secound one.

Here are some background details about the document:
It is a recreation of a Word 2013 file. All texts were first copied into a text editor (Notepad) and then pasted into Publisher to remove all formatting. The images were transferred directly to Publisher using Copy/Paste.