You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

OK so I have been busy making music  and getting flu. Now I am back on Affinity and updated to latest commercial releases, WHERE has that little glass icon tool gone? HOW do I make my object transparent??   What am I missing here? It used to be  in the Default styles which has been replaced with textures I wont use.. In photo it was on the lhs menu.. I have played Hunt& Peck  like I used to do in Adobe programs..  Am I going MAD? O.o

32 minutes ago, LyricsGirl said:

OK so I have been busy making music  and getting flu.

The first bit sounds good, Angela. The second, not so much! I hope you’re feeling better now.

33 minutes ago, LyricsGirl said:

In photo it was on the lhs menu.

Affinity Designer has a Transparency Tool but Affinity Photo doesn’t have one (and never has, as far as I’m aware).

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

5 minutes ago, Alfred said:

The first bit sounds good, Angela. The second, not so much! I hope you’re feeling better now.

Affinity Designer has a Transparency Tool but Affinity Photo doesn’t have one (and never has, as far as I’m aware).

Thank you Alfred, yes much better. I used to write lyrics and songs for others.. nowdays I just pay on a MIDI controller and  record EDM dance trance acid etc.. Stuff most youngsters would  be embarrassed to know my age!

They  had them in the STYLES default until the latest version. Yes they had a glass icon on LHS menu  in photo from memory. So where is this tool in Designer then please? I feel so empty... at a loss that a few weeks of not touching affinity and  it gets changed!!! Maybe I should take up knitting and sit in the corner?? LOL

The best way to get a similar transparency effect in AP is to use a mask with a black and white gradient tool.

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

• Staff

Hi LyricsGirl :)

Affinity Photo has never had a Transparency Tool, as Alfred mentioned this is only available in Affinity Designers Vector Persona. You should find this tool on the left hand toolbar, if you can't see the icon go to View>Customise Tools... and re-add the tool as required.

image.png

Unfortunately, as other users have mentioned the Styles have been updated and the 'Glass' style is no longer available as default, however you can Import the following file to add the 1.6 styles as a new category - 1.6.afstyles

I hope this helps!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

11 minutes ago, Dan C said:

Hi LyricsGirl :)

Affinity Photo has never had a Transparency Tool, as Alfred mentioned this is only available in Affinity Designers Vector Persona. You should find this tool on the left hand toolbar, if you can't see the icon go to View>Customise Tools... and re-add the tool as required.

image.png

Unfortunately, as other users have mentioned the Styles have been updated and the 'Glass' style is no longer available as default, however you can Import the following file to add the 1.6 styles as a new category - 1.6.afstyles

I hope this helps!

Thank you!   I thought I was going mad!! ( Or madder!!).  This tool I use often for a number of uses and it saves me so much time... as i am not fast on the keyboard these days! TRhabk you I have d/l and  imported this now! so i am back to being a Happy Chappie-ess... and next week will begin another new Affinity Designers kit..I am not a designer, but I make textures and sell them as styles or  with other  bits as designers kits. you have no idea how much use the Transparenct tool is used in making textures!    THANY YOU!! You get the Brownie of the Week AWARD!!!

AWARD.jpg

• Staff
8 minutes ago, LyricsGirl said:

THANY YOU!! You get the Brownie of the Week AWARD!!!

No problem at all, happy to help! :D

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!