You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Selection issues

It seems that there has been a change with selection in general. I can't drag select layers from outside of an artboard. Instead I have to select one layer inside an artboard to be able to drag select others inside that artboard. Is this a bug or a feature? I really think it should be reverted.

• 1 month later...

Yes. Several new selection bugs with version 1.8.0.514: Can't select with a marquee from outside an artboard or from other points, problems with selection of multiple objects inside different groups.

I remember that at something similar happened in some of the old betas. Hope it's a quick fix!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • Staff

We have made fixes/improvements to this area (Cannot select objects inside an Artboard if the marquee selection starts outside) of the program in the latest release.

The fixes and how to update are described in these forum posts.

We would appreciate you checking that this issue has now been resolved for you.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.