You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Alt drag copy - stopped working in some docs

Hi All

A weird one. Could be just me. I have some older documents that have been ongoing for a long while in Affinity Designer on my iMac. I have just gone into edit a few and some do not let me 'ALT DRAG COPY'. Is it something I have inadvertently switched off? Or document becoming corrupt? I worry about the latter. This has only happened to some, not all, so far.

Cheers
Andy

• Staff

Hi Andy :)

This isn't something I've heard of happening before and there's no option to turn this feature off. Can you please provide a sample file to the following link so I can look into this further?

https://www.dropbox.com/request/cqt24DO1GWfqZKIBoknD

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

3 hours ago, Dan C said:

Hi Andy :)

This isn't something I've heard of happening before and there's no option to turn this feature off. Can you please provide a sample file to the following link so I can look into this further?

https://www.dropbox.com/request/cqt24DO1GWfqZKIBoknD

Thanks for getting back. It may have just been my keyboard. I did try saving one of the contents of a document to a new one and all was fine. So I was going to do it to the others that I new weren't working well, but they are okay now too. Weird eh?

Hasn't happened since. 

Andy

• Staff

How strange! If this happens again don't hesitate to let us know and we can look into this further :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• 1 year later...
  • Staff

Hi @claycle,

Sorry to hear this!

11 hours ago, claycle said:

Works in one, doesn't work in the other

Can you please try closing the document where alt-click works, does this now work in the document you left open? I'm interested in testing whether the issue is caused by having multiple documents open, or by the document itself.

If you close and restart the Affinity app, then re-open this document, does Alt-dragging work as expected?

Can you please provide a screen recording of the steps you're taking and a sample file showing the issue?

Many thanks in advance :)

Please note -

Many thanks!

• 2 years later...

I had the same issue on a document. The solution was to save the document, restart Designer and it worked fine again.

There's a bug that's causing this. All I remember was pressing a combination of keys including ALT, CTRL and Esc while trying to use symbols on my 60% keyboard, and it happened after that.