lukejr

UI - How to stop it all floating

This might be a daft question, I have Designer and Photo and my designer workspace is all nicely docked and my Photo workspace was like this until last week, but now it's all fragments and I've no idea how to get it back.

I clicked some keyboard by accident and I've gone through all the menu options but can't get it back.

Thanks, Luke

Designer.png

Photo.png

Thanks Callum,

Ah, so that doesn't work - nothing happens where I click Merge All Windows. I needed to click Separated Mode to toggle it off first time I've seen a toggle in a menu.

Thanks, Luke

Screenshot 2019-10-10 at 10.59.07.png

11 hours ago, lukejr said:

... first time I've seen a toggle in a menu.

FWIW, quite a few Mac apps include at least a few of them. Some of them change names depending on the current state so you may not have noticed that they were toggles. For example, in Apple Photos on the View menu both "Hide Face Names" & "Hide Hidden Photo Album" are toggles, with "Hide" being replaced with "Show" if those items are currently showing.

The Affinity apps have tons of toggles in menus. For example, almost everything in the View > Studio submenu is a toggle, as are items like Show Ruler, Lock Guides, & many others. I can't think of any that change names though.

Affinity Photo 1.7.3, Affinity Designer 1.7.3, Affinity Publisher 1.7.3; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.155 & Affinity Designer 1.7.3.1 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 13.1.2