You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crash :: File > Print & File > Export

thomaso

My current .afdesign makes AP crash as soon I choose File > Print or File > Export.

Would you please investigate whats wrong with it – and possibly / hopefully repair it, to make me able to get output at all. – I'd prefer an upload link, please. – Thank you!

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

• Staff

Hi Thomaso,

Thank you very much for the file. I've just been looking through it and found the cause of the crash is the 'Cloud' object with the 'Square Star' inside it.

If you place an object inside another that has multiple strokes/fills and set that parent object to have an opacity of less than 100% it will cause the application to crash. For example open the attached document and then go to File > Export you will get no crash. However if you select the parent object and then change the Opacity to 90% and then go File > Export the app will crash.

The good news is that this does appear to be fixed in 1.8 (tested using the current Windows Beta) however obviously this is not available to you. In the meantime you could either make the Layer Opacity 100% or just rasterise that single layer.

Hope that helps you!

Test1.afdesign

> Hope that helps you! 

Definitely, I am glad I can export! Thank you! – I wonder how you did detect the culprit that fast? Did you look for "inside" or rather for "opacity <100%" ?

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff
On 10/10/2019 at 5:37 PM, thomaso said:

> Hope that helps you! 

Definitely, I am glad I can export! Thank you! – I wonder how you did detect the culprit that fast? Did you look for "inside" or rather for "opacity <100%" ?

Wonderful! Not really, just started removing objects in chunks and going from there. Once I'd located the object it was just a case of replicating the layout of that object in a new document and seeing if I could reproduce it like that. :)