You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Alternative to Typekit Fonts

Hi there,

I’m working on a document that was originally designed in Adobe In Design. I am now using Affinity Publisher. When I open the doc all the fonts have disappeared and replaced with ones on my system so the whole layout is a mess.  I am wondering if there is an alternative to Typekit where I can use the same fonts. Because Typekit is now part of Adobe I can’t access the fonts I need. 

Thanks for your help.

UkeyD

13 hours ago, Lagarto said:

You can use Adobe Typekit fonts with Affinity Publisher, as well. The least expensive way to get Adobe Fonts is one-month payment for Adobe XD. Just purchase that whenever you need your Typekit fonts, and then in future projects use free or purchased, installable fonts to get rid of dependence.

Hi Lagarto,

Thanks for your help. I’ve just downloaded the free versionof Adobe XD as I can’t tell if the monthly payment means I am commited to the year. It’s not that clear. It looks like the subscriptions have changed but I’m not sure. I am willing to pay for the monthly version as long as I can cancel it after one month. Is that how it works? 

Thanks for your help.

Best wishes

UkeyD

13 hours ago, Lagarto said:

You can use Adobe Typekit fonts with Affinity Publisher, as well. The least expensive way to get Adobe Fonts is one-month payment for Adobe XD. Just purchase that whenever you need your Typekit fonts, and then in future projects use free or purchased, installable fonts to get rid of dependence.

Hi again Lagarto, I’ve just paid for the Adobe XD but the fonts aren’t showing up on my computer. I’ve tried to launch Adobe Fonts but it just takes me to the fonts in the browser and I need to access them in my in Affinity Publisher. 

Thanks

UkeyD

So I just realised that Adobe XD does not include all fonts. The ones in my document I can only activate if I have subcribed to Adobe CC and Adobe XD doesn’t come under this. So I will need to cancel my subscription and have another think!

10 hours ago, Lagarto said:

No, this is not true:

https://www.adobe.com/products/xd/compare-plans.html

adobe_xd.thumb.jpg.327d592c68545c8f1e60aaab0f637764.jpg

I cannot tell for sure, however, if there are local differences. I suppose that pricewise there are, and it is a bit more expensive outside the U.S.

Also, I have no problems using any of the Adobe Fonts in Affinity apps (or any other apps installed on the system, starting from Notepad). You may need to reactivate the fonts from Adobe CC UI to have them available on your system but after that, the fonts do list in other apps, as well, and can be embedded in PDFs.

Aah ok I can see what happened. I bought the subscription but there was a technical issue with my purchase. It wouldn’t show up in my Adobe account that I had subscribed to Adobe XD. So I had to make a call and it was resolved. Now I can activate all the fonts. Thanks so much for your help with this. 

Best wishes

UkedD