You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crash: New layer with mask

Shih

• Staff

you can use the iPads screen recording function to create a video demonstrating the crash. Doing this will allow me to look into your issue further.

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

The funny thing is, I worked with one file and I succeeded in output it just once. Then the second time I tried to output it with the same way and same file,  it crashed. Then I haven't been able to output my selection anymore. 

The only thing different between those trials succeed and failure, it's the selection I made are different. But I don't believe it's the cause of crash.  

• Staff

Hey Shih,

We could really do with the file so we can attempt to reproduce it but also could you also follow these instructions:
Can you please go to Settings > Privacy > Analytics > Analytics Data and look for the Photo iPad crash. Then click Share to save to an .ips file. You can then save it to a cloud service and attach it here.

18 minutes ago, Chris B said:

You should get an option of 'Save to Files' on the share screen. You can then move it to a cloud service and attach it here :) Thank you! 

Would you mind showing me the whole process with a video? In your last video, I didn't see "Save to Files". 

27 minutes ago, Shih said:

You mean that red circled  is the "save to files"?

The icon circled in red is the ‘Share’ icon. Tap on the ‘Google Drive’ icon to share the file (i.e. save a copy) to Google Drive, or scroll to the right to choose a different destination.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff

You could either save it to Files and then figure out what to do with it. The button you've circled should give you the option to save it to Files.

If you're using your iPad to talk to me on the forum, you can save it to Files and then visit the forum and attach the file from FIles. If you are using a Mac or PC to talk, then you need to get the file over to that machine in order to attach it. You are in the right place though.