Posted (edited)

I have this crash with a 20MP project and multiple layers. Running the latest version of affinity photo and iPad OS 13.1.2.

EDIT: It’s the iPad Pro 12,9 inch 2018 btw.

Edited by EtherWolf

Hey Dennis,

Thanks for the file. It isn't crashing for me, but I did notice whilst I was duplicating it and moving it around the canvas, it is pretty laggy. I wonder if this is a resource issue.

Could you also check to see if you're using Metal compute? You can find it from Preferences > Performance.

8 hours ago, Chris B said:

Hey Dennis,

Thanks for the file. It isn't crashing for me, but I did notice whilst I was duplicating it and moving it around the canvas, it is pretty laggy. I wonder if this is a resource issue.

Could you also check to see if you're using Metal compute? You can find it from Preferences > Performance.

On the iPad? Where can I find that?

16 hours ago, Dennis B. said:

On the iPad? Where can I find that?

Sorry, please ignore that. I totally forgot we were working on the iPad (which always use Metal). I've had another go at reproducing it this morning and got it almost instantly but I can't get it a second time. There's definitely something not right but I think I've got enough info to pass it to development. Thanks :) 

2 hours ago, Chris B said:

Sorry, please ignore that. I totally forgot we were working on the iPad (which always use Metal). I've had another go at reproducing it this morning and got it almost instantly but I can't get it a second time. There's definitely something not right but I think I've got enough info to pass it to development. Thanks :) 

Haha i thought so. Good luck with ironing out the bugs. :)