Hello, I would to change the background color in Affinity Designer.  I have drawn the border around the image of the person. Now I would like to change the background from blue to white.  If someone can explain, I would most appreciate, thanks.

10 hours ago, jacopo7 said:

drawn the border around the image of the person

Draw Rectangle with specific fill color. 

Affinity Store: Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 1.7.3.481.
Windows 10 Pro, Version 1903, Build 18362.418.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080.
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080.

Hello, thank you for your response. Not sure how to take this file and send it, so here is a screen shot of what I'm working with. 

I am wanting to change this blue background to white.  

Woman in blue.png

1 hour ago, jacopo7 said:

Hello, thank you for your response. Not sure how to take this file and send it, so here is a screen shot of what I'm working with. 

I am wanting to change this blue background to white.  

Woman in blue.png

With that selection active, select the bottom layer and Press Ctrl+ C and Ctrl + V this should paste a duplicate of the girl to a layer, create a rectangle and fill it with white and place it below the layer of the girl you've just created.

Example.

Screen-Shot-2019-10-12-at-23-01-26.png

example.afphoto Saved with history so you can jog back and forth in the history panel.

iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo & Publisher - Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9 B|  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - FeedbackInstagram & Flickr

On 10/12/2019 at 3:55 PM, firstdefence said:

With that selection active, select the bottom layer and Press Ctrl+ C and Ctrl + V this should paste a duplicate of the girl to a layer, create a rectangle and fill it with white and place it below the layer of the girl you've just created.

Example.

Screen-Shot-2019-10-12-at-23-01-26.png

example.afphoto Saved with history so you can jog back and forth in the history panel.

How do I select the bottom layer??