You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[aPhoto/Win] Question about batch processing & macros

• Staff

Hi sveto :)

I'm not 100% sure of the answer here, so I've forwarded the question to our devs and will respond here asap!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

I would assume that your macro behaviour will depend on the size of the size of the document. 

Why don't you try it and see?

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

Example: I have a logo/watermark that is intended for 1300px wide images. If i want to batch resize the original images (4200px) and apply the logo/watermark, it should resize first.

Actually, with this pretty clear example, i could try it out. But it wouldn't hurt to point out such things in the manual - some processing is best applied on the full size image.

It looks like the macros get processed before the resizing. Although i still would appreciate a heads-up from an official source.

I lost half an hour testing this, because Af.Photo crashed multiple times when i did the batches. Turns out that the macro that places the logo/watermark crashes the program. :( But that's a topic for the bugs forum, i guess.

• Staff

Apologies for the delayed response - 

On 10/8/2019 at 11:43 PM, sveto said:

It looks like the macros get processed before the resizing. Although i still would appreciate a heads-up from an official source.

That's correct, the macro is applied first, then the resizing.

On 10/8/2019 at 11:43 PM, sveto said:

I lost half an hour testing this, because Af.Photo crashed multiple times when i did the batches. Turns out that the macro that places the logo/watermark crashes the program. :( But that's a topic for the bugs forum, i guess.

Sorry to hear this, if you haven't already please create a new post in the relevant section and our QA team can investigate and log this as required!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!