You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

If you search the forum you can find several topics about this but the gist of it is it works for some users but not others, & they cannot yet figure out why -- it does not seem to have anything directly to do with the version of the Mac OS or Apple Photos installed on the Mac, or any other obvious cause.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

5 hours ago, R C-R said:

If you search the forum you can find several topics about this but the gist of it is it works for some users but not others, & they cannot yet figure out why -- it does not seem to have anything directly to do with the version of the Mac OS or Apple Photos installed on the Mac, or any other obvious cause.

In Mojave the „Edit in AP“ Plugin (which handover to AP) works fine and only the Extensions which work directly in photos (e.g. Develop) are broken.

Now in Catalina also „Edit in AP“ is broken (and I‘m pretty sure for all users).

so it is definitely an other problem.

BR Sandro

2 minutes ago, Sandro1802 said:

In Mojave the „Edit in AP“ Plugin (which handover to AP) works fine ...

Some Mojave users have reported that it does not work, others that it does. The same is true for High Sierra users.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

7 minutes ago, R C-R said:

Some Mojave users have reported that it does not work, others that it does. The same is true for High Sierra users.

And now it is also broken for the users where it worked in Mojave ... as you can read in this topic.

does it work for you in Catalina?

• Staff

Hi ColinG, Sandro1802 & macfaninsf :)

I can confirm that the Mac OS Catalina update has currently broken this feature for all users, as I've replicated this here on multiple Macs.

I've logged this with our developers as a priority and should hopefully be fixed shortly - my apologies for any inconveniences in the meantime.

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

3 minutes ago, Dan C said:

Hi ColinG, Sandro1802 & macfaninsf :)

I can confirm that the Mac OS Catalina update has currently broken this feature for all users, as I've replicated this here on multiple Macs.

I've logged this with our developers as a priority and should hopefully be fixed shortly - my apologies for any inconveniences in the meantime.

no problem. thx for confirmation and your assistance ... looking hopefully forward to an update :-)

BR Sandro

FWIW: In my case ALL the AF v1.7.x "quick edit" extensions (i.e., Haze Removal, Monochrome, Retouch, Miniature, etc.) DO function and save to the .jpg file as expected in macOS Catalina Photos. Only the "Edit in Affinity Photo" OR "Luminary 3" (i.e., the actual applications) do NOT safe edits back to the .jpg file in Photos. 

Was wondering if this had something to do the the new Privacy Settings in the System Prefs Security & Privacy module, but all relevant items seem to be checked to authorize access.  

• Staff
On 10/8/2019 at 9:54 PM, macfaninsf said:

Only the "Edit in Affinity Photo" OR "Luminary 3" (i.e., the actual applications) do NOT safe edits back to the .jpg file in Photos. 

Thanks for your input, this seemingly indicates an issue with Apple rather than our application if it affects other third party apps - but our developers are looking into this :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!