You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Adding the latest Pantone swatches

• Staff

Hi evtonic3 :)

Are you downloading the swatches from Pantone Colour Manager - or from elsewhere? I've tried to find downloadable libraries from Pantone and I can only see this available through the aforementioned application.

There are some workarounds offered here, although a few require access to Adobe Illustrator - 

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

• Staff

We have to add the Pantone® colours to the installer (and technically have our implementation re-approved by Pantone® ). I understand these new colours will be in beta builds soon and therefore released in due course.

(I expect once they are in the beta you can manually move them to your 1.7.3 release location (shhhh) not tried it though)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 1 year later...
On 10/8/2019 at 10:39 AM, Patrick Connor said:

We have to add the Pantone® colours to the installer (and technically have our implementation re-approved by Pantone® ). I understand these new colours will be in beta builds soon and therefore released in due course.

(I expect once they are in the beta you can manually move them to your 1.7.3 release location (shhhh) not tried it though)

Is there a way to get the colours from Adobe colour manager? We work with the Pantone Library for Fashion and home and I can't get the swatches in Affinity.

I found a .csv file with the colours on the forum but I can't find the folder to place the .csv either (on Mac)

Any help would be highly appreciated!

• Staff
53 minutes ago, Joris_S said:

Is there a way to get the colours from Adobe colour manager? We work with the Pantone Library for Fashion and home and I can't get the swatches in Affinity.

I found a .csv file with the colours on the forum but I can't find the folder to place the .csv either (on Mac)

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Unfortunately we are under license from Pantone not to allow the files to be edited or reverse engineered. Pantone are very very strict on this. The colours we are licensed to include are for Print (in sRGB) and the Pantone fashion library are likely not, but you can create your own palette for your own use through the normal means. Even if you did find a way to edit the official Pantone files that we distribute, we could not support the software once edited, and binary updates may fail as a consequence. I am sorry we do not have anything more concrete as I can see how this would be useful to you.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon