You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Colour profile conversion for DxO plugins - beta 1.8.0.486

3 hours ago, laurentia said:

Hi,
the issue of colour profile is well fixed for DFine 2 (many thanks for that!), but it still does not work for Viveza 2.

Hi, I'm glad Dfine 2 is working for you. Are you sure about Viveza 2? I just tried it here and it correctly shows the profiled colours. I did notice an issue with resizing the plugin window smaller (the preview becomes desaturated) which I'll investigate, but the colour profile was still applied correctly.

Hi,

I seem to see a difference in behavior of Viveza when called from AF or PS.
It is true that when the image is 100%, the colors are good but it is no longer usable, while everything is fine when the call is made from PS.
In addition, I noticed the appearance of a button "Brush" when Viveza is called from PS, button that does not appear when the call is made from AF.
How to explain this difference in behavior?

(In the screencopy of PS, the image is without cross processing ...)

af beta 486-viveza2.jpg

PS-viveza2.jpg

33 minutes ago, laurentia said:

In addition, I noticed the appearance of a button "Brush" when Viveza is called from PS, button that does not appear when the call is made from AF.

It dosn't work in AP, because the brush is part of the Selective Tool, which needs PS scripting. Well, you can create simply a mask or try these macros...

Selective Tool Macros

52 minutes ago, IndigoMoon said:

It dosn't work in AP, because the brush is part of the Selective Tool, which needs PS scripting. Well, you can create simply a mask or try these macros...

Selective Tool Macros

Hi IndigoMoon,

Thanks for the link but the macro does not work with the latest version of AF Photo.

The real problem is that of colors.

On 10/8/2019 at 6:35 AM, rudyumans said:

No luck here either on widows 10

I tried both Tiff and Jpeg files. For reasons unknown to mankind, some show the right colors zoomed in at 33% others not until 100%

Either way, not workable as it is (yet)

... and

19 hours ago, dke said:

With the free Google Nik plugin Viveza 2 I need 100% zoom to get correct colors for 16-bit tiff files. For 8-bit tiff files and jpeg files 33% zoom are sufficient to get correct colors.

I'm on Windows 10 and using the Google NIK plugins.

I've found the following:

In order to keep coherent as much as possible I've experimented with two different size images (.jpeg) I upload to my website - 2500px (long side) and 3000px (long size) - both 8 bit, sRGB, 96ppi*.

#1 - 2500px images. No colour issues whatsoever with the default magnification in Viveza (APh 1.8 beta).

#2 - 3000px images. These images have to be zoomed to 33% to obtain accurate colour.

Now here's where the fun starts ... If I upsize the 2500px images to 3000px there's still no colour issues (default magnification in Viviza) nor are there any issues if I convert to .tiff .psd etc or convert to Adobe RGB.

However if I convert the 2500px images to 16 bit then I have to zoom to 100% in Viveza.

I no longer have installed any Adobe product so I've been using Viveza in Gimp. There's no colour issues whatsoever at the default magnification -  16 bit, pixel size, file format, ICC etc.

Here's the NIK python files from Gimp. They're open source (as spelt out in the files). Perhaps they may be helpful to the Affinity dev's?

[* dpi/ppi not important as it's purely for print and/or screen output - 2500 / 96dpi = 26.04 inches and 2500 / 300dpi = 8.33 inches]  

NIK Plug-Ins - python.zip

All exe files of the Nik plugins work standalone without color problems. The python script in Gimp for Viveza calls Viveza 2.exe instead of the plugin file Viveza2.8bf. That's the reason why there are no color problems with Viveza in Gimp.

1 hour ago, dke said:

The python script in Gimp for Viveza calls Viveza 2.exe instead of the plugin file Viveza2.8bf.

Thanks! 

I have no idea (obviously) how code writing does its business.

So, is there any reason why the Affinity devs' code can't call .exe instead of .8bf?

Surely (?) that would sort out these current issues with Viveza (considering there's no issues with Gimp).

1 hour ago, PedroOfOz said:

So, is there any reason why the Affinity devs' code can't call .exe instead of .8bf?

Surely (?) that would sort out these current issues with Viveza (considering there's no issues with Gimp).

Hello,
the use of .8bf files is the reason for being compatible with Photoshop plugins.
That said, launching the .exe would not be heretical, that's what Lightroom does ...

• 4 weeks later...
  • Staff

I was just playing with Viveza and it looks like it does not colour manage correctly. 

My setup:

• WhackedRGB as my display profile, so I can easily spot if it's wrong.
  • Opened DXO PhotoLab2, which comes with Nik collection
  • Opened a jpeg and it had the correct channels swapped, which means Photolab color manages correctly
  • Set the file to Viveza, and the image did not have the channels swapped, meaning that Viveza UI does not colour manage. 

As far as I can tell, there's nothing we need to fix, as the issue is with the plugin

WhackedRGB.icc

30 minutes ago, Gabe said:

As far as I can tell, there's nothing we need to fix, as the issue is with the plugin

Are you sure ?

The DxO PhotoLab workspace is limited to Adobe RGB and I don't use it for this reason. Your profile has exactly the same gamut as the Adobe RGB, I use significantly larger workspaces.
The plugin works very well with PS, I don't think the problem comes from him ...

Starting from the same picture :

- loading with PS = color are good then going to Viveza = color are good

- opening directly Viveza = color are good

- loading with AF = color are good then going to Viveza = color are wrong

Conclusion : Viveza is good and the interface AF - Viveza don't make the job

I did some investigations as well and noticed a few things:

- Viveza 2 works fine with all other plugin hosts except APh

- the wrong colours occur only on 16 bit images, it also occurs in 8 bit images with high resolution

- Viveza 2 shows the correct colour in 100 %, but shows for a short moment the wrong colour before rendering to 100 %, which doesn't happen within Viveza directly or the other plugin hosts.

- Viveza 2 shows wrong colours in  0% and 50 %, but the colours are significant different "wrong" between 0 % and 50 %

- this behaviour above is independently of the display settings (sRGB, AdobeRGB, whatever...)

My setup: latest Google Nik Collection, Win10 Home 64bit 1903 with GeForce drivers 432.00 and a Dell 2713H WQHD Monitor 2560x1440 on DisplyPort.

I hope it helps...

• 2 weeks later...

If you resize your document in Affinity photo to use the same pixel dimensions as your monitor you may find that you no longer need to scale the image in Viveza to 100%.  

The steps are:

1. Resize document in Affinity Photo e.g. 1200 x 700 pixels. I have a Dell 1200x1080. Increase the pixels to point where when in Viveza you are not having to zoom to 100%.

2. Open Viveza filter. You should be able to view the whole image on screen with correct colour cast. Note the small zoom pane will still show colour cast.

Resizing document will mean you will be working on smaller images but if you will never print above A4 size then this should be adequate.

I would see this as an Issue for Affinity to fix , unless they say otherwise.

• 3 weeks later...

I did some further investigations, and it looks like, that this behaviour is somehow related to the pixel dimensions of the image and/or the resolution of the display (as @sat312 already pointed out). Hope you will get this fixed for the last Google version, even if DXO already did it for their version.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.