You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi writesync :)

1 hour ago, writesync said:

Do I need special software (besides Affinity) to be able to download SVG? 

You shouldn't, but this usually depends on the origin of the SVG. For example I visited https://freesvgdesigns.com/ and downloaded an SVG file from here. This downloaded as a .ZIP file, provided you're running iOS 13 then Files can automatically unzip this file, if you're using an earlier version of iOS you'll need to download a separate app to unzip the file.

Once unzipped, the SVG can be selected in Files and you can either drag and drop the SVG from Files directly into Affinity, or alternatively from within the Affinity app press the new document + icon and select Import from Cloud. Now navigate to the folder location where the SVG has been saved and open the file from here.

I hope this helps!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

10 hours ago, Dan C said:

Hi writesync :)

You shouldn't, but this usually depends on the origin of the SVG. For example I visited https://freesvgdesigns.com/ and downloaded an SVG file from here. This downloaded as a .ZIP file, provided you're running iOS 13 then Files can automatically unzip this file, if you're using an earlier version of iOS you'll need to download a separate app to unzip the file.

Once unzipped, the SVG can be selected in Files and you can either drag and drop the SVG from Files directly into Affinity, or alternatively from within the Affinity app press the new document + icon and select Import from Cloud. Now navigate to the folder location where the SVG has been saved and open the file from here.

I hope this helps!

Yes, it helped! Thank you. I didn’t know iOS could do that.

• 11 months later...

No you don't need any third party software to download svg files or zip files from the website. You can download svg siles from various websites for example https://www.downloadfreesvg.com/ , ypu will get a zip file from the websites as a download. On any Latest IOS zip files automatically gets unzipped for older versions you need to download separate app to unzip zip files. After Unzipping the zip files you can select the svg files from the folder and you can drag them directly into Affinity, or you can open within affinity buy pressing new document icon and select Import from Cloud. Now navigate to the folder location where the SVG has been saved and open the file from here.

I think you it will help you to open svg files in your IOS.