You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[AD 1.7.3.481] Stabiliser option still active when switched off

Hi

There seems to be an intermittent bug with the brush tool and the toggling of the Stabiliser option on the Context Menu...I noticed something a bit odd yesterday when the position of the brush nozzle was 'painting' outside the circle when you drag.

Working in Raster Persona with brushes
File size is 500mm x 500mm (black and white) with multiple layers
Old Wacom - as signature.

Select and draw with brush/toggle Stabiliser/ use it/ switch back off....but as you can see from the video the Stabiliser seems to be still active but not showing the connecting line until the settings are changed again.

Little video as attached (a bit longer than it needed to be)...but needed to find out whether disappears if increased brush size

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.4 1.2344
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 21.04.01 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.41-1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi @StuartRc,

Sorry for the delayed reply. 

That does not look like the stabiliser tool, but more like a delay between Windows ink and the Brush cursor. If you look closely, when you come to a stop, the brush meets the cursor. That would not happen with the stabiliser tool in Rope mode. What happens if you turn WIndows Ink OFF in Wacom Desktop Centre?

Thanks,

Gabe.

4 minutes ago, Gabe said:

Hi @StuartRc,

Sorry for the delayed reply. 

That does not look like the stabiliser tool, but more like a delay between Windows ink and the Brush cursor. If you look closely, when you come to a stop, the brush meets the cursor. That would not happen with the stabiliser tool in Rope mode. What happens if you turn WIndows Ink OFF in Wacom Desktop Centre?

Thanks,

Gabe.

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to be....Delay is not an issue I am aware the team is busy...and it's not a critical issue! It's not re-occurred since I reported It

Well! it could be the tablet (I wouldn't be surprised!:)) Windows ink has been disabled since I had issues with the 'straight' line events occurring when drawing with the tablet was used with AD.

I checked whether their has been any re-activation's with Recent Windows updates but it is not the case (Ink is disabled in Windows settings and Wacom Tablet Properties)

It's interesting that you mention Wacom Desktop Centre (newer app version)....Which does not recognise my (old) Tablet!....but it still works even though it's polished smooth these days...

I will keep a look out for it occurring again...I haven't seen it since the latest release....

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.4 1.2344
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 21.04.01 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.41-1