You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Greetings, and good evening ...

after searching for about four hours now for a solution for my problem ... I've come here, really hpoing, someone can help me with this.
So ... I made a flyer for print, with all three programs, Affinity Photo (for picture editing and converting them into CYMK, after the original try to export the PDF directly from RGB into a CMYK file), Affinity Designer (first try to design the flyer, with the result of a "red tinted" pdf) and Affinity Publisher (same result).

I can't seem to get the right result after exporting the file into a printable pdf. Always got that red tint, and frankly, after trying for about four hours, I'm done ... with this *PEEP* programs. I searched the internet for a solution of that problem.

The screenshot shows the difference between the look of the file in Affinity Designer and in browser or pdf viewer. The file looks more "yellowish" in AD. I've also opened the settings, with which I run the program.

As I wrote, I'm really done with this ... *peep* ... really. I've had the same problems when exporting to jpg files ore other files as well. Colours seem way off sometimes and I've read every topic about this as I could. There seem to be others, with the same problems.

Maybe someone out there knows whats off?

Best Regards
Mel

Screenshot.jpg

Hi, mac_heibu,

first, sorry for the cursing. I was really frustrated yesterday evening.

I tried with:
- all pictures and graphics in an RGB/8 (sRGB IEC61966-2.1) colourspace and colour profile, the same goes for the document. I then exported this as an PDF in RGB and in CMYK, not working, both have the red tint in it.
- all pictures in CMYK/8 with Coated FOGRA27 (ISO 12647-2:2004), same results.

It seems like the problem itself is in the software (Affinity Designer, Photo and Publisher) but I don't seem to get, why that is.... I even considered playing around with the colour profile of my monitor, but as this monitor is a gaming, and not a graphics montior, I'd rather not change anything on my monitor software ...

Nothing seems to change when I export to PDF...

I even tried to export one page as an TIFF, in RGB, when I look at the picture out of Affinity, it got the red tint ... when opening in Affinity Photo the red tint is gone ...

10 hours ago, grinningcat83 said:

The screenshot shows the difference between the look of the file in Affinity Designer and in browser or pdf viewer. The file looks more "yellowish" in AD

This is usually a problem with the correct setting of the ICC profile for monitor in the OS, which, unlike other applications, Affinity uses it to display the canvas.

For example (and many other):

Google search: "affinity yellow site:forum.affinity.serif.com"

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

You're welcome.

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.