You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Identification of Tamron lenses mounted to Canon bodies

• 1 month later...
  • Staff
On 12/5/2019 at 2:36 PM, IndigoMoon said:

Just as feedback for you, the automatic recognition still does't work.

But the new manual lens selection in develop is a great step forward! Thanks!

Unfortunately, as far as we can tell, this particular camera/lens combination does not give us enough information to disambiguate between the two possible lenses.

Hopefully the manual lens selection will be a good workaround for you though. This is just the kind of situation where we see it getting the most use. :) 

This also happens with the Sigma lens mounted on a Canon.

sigma_tameron.jpg

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

On 12/9/2019 at 11:32 AM, Tom Lachecki said:

This is just the kind of situation where we see it getting the most use. :) 

Thanks Tom! Yes, it's not a big deal to select manually the correct lens now. :)

Additionally, it would be great, if I could define a standard lens for such cases. So, for the next time the right body/lens combination will be selected automatcally (similar to Lightroom).

It's already fantastic to mark the correct lens as Favorites, but such a feature would be the cherry on the cake. ;)

• Staff
1 hour ago, IndigoMoon said:

Additionally, it would be great, if I could define a standard lens for such cases. So, for the next time the right body/lens combination will be selected automatcally (similar to Lightroom).

It's already fantastic to mark the correct lens as Favorites, but such a feature would be the cherry on the cake. ;)

Oh, that's a good idea. I'll think about it. :P

In the meantime, if you only have one body/lens combination, you can go into Develop Assistant and tell it to just always take your Most Recently Used lens profile. Then you won't even have to select the profile manually any more.

On 12/11/2019 at 2:17 PM, Tom Lachecki said:

In the meantime, if you only have one body/lens combination, you can go into Develop Assistant and tell it to just always take your Most Recently Used lens profile. Then you won't even have to select the profile manually any more.

Hi Tom, thank you for that hint! Yes, this new option is a good solution after a shooting with just one lens :) , but you don't have to forget to disable this setting again to avoid wrong corrections with other lenses.

On 12/11/2019 at 2:17 PM, Tom Lachecki said:

I'll think about it. :P

I'm not a programmer, so I hope it's not that much work... Thanks again ;)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.