You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer crashed in pencil mode

Currently I test Affinity Designer Testversion 1.7.3 (Deutsch/German) auf Mac 10.9.5 + old Wacom Tablet A4. The following problem appears:

Designer Persona: (Bleistift > Steuerung > Druck => AD friert immer ein.)

pencil > controller > pressure => AD crashed and freezed always.

I tried to start AD with CTRL => no change. See attached video.

I would appreciated if you could help.

On 10/5/2019 at 8:44 AM, Gedo said:

I test Affinity Designer Testversion 1.7.3 (Deutsch/German) auf Mac 10.9.5 + old Wacom Tablet A4. The following problem appears:

Designer Persona: (Bleistift > Steuerung > Druck => AD friert immer ein.)

pencil > controller > pressure => AD crashed and freezed always.

Works fine on Mojave but I have a relatively new Wacom. Are your Wacom drivers up to date?

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Thank you for your question. This is a good idea. I could not reproduce the crash with the mouse. Perhaps the old wacom is the problem. Although it works with Illustrator, Photoshop, Mischief, Krita, etc. Anyway I will need a new tablet for the next Mac.

35 minutes ago, Gedo said:

Thank you for your question. This is a good idea. I could not reproduce the crash with the mouse. Perhaps the old wacom is the problem. Although it works with Illustrator, Photoshop, Mischief, Krita, etc. Anyway I will need a new tablet for the next Mac.

If you own a compatible iPad & pencil, it should function as a tablet with Catalina Side Car function.

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

1 hour ago, Gedo said:

Further testing here results in no Crash but at times a serious slowdown as your video showed. So I doubt that I was correct about the drivers or the age of the tablet. With that said if your crash is consistent with the pencil tool and using the pressure I would submit it as a bug.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.