You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I am totally cool with waiting. Reliable boolean operation definitely a wide range feature that needs to be reliable for all users in my humble opinion.

Boy, will canvas rotation be glorious when it comes though! I am left handed. I don't know about you guys, but I can usually pull off my best straight line  in one direction. and when I draw on paper I rotate my pad so I can get a decent line in that direction. It's weird but that just me I guess.

Oh of course Matt, agreed. There are certainly other things that have more priority for sure. No worries mate, just to know someone at HQ has it on the radar is good for me.

Thanks Matt,

Boolean geometry operations!? Not even sure what those are...I would slip the 'rotate canvas' function to the top and come back to those, they sound really boring! ^^ (kidding)

Yes, I'm sure there's a lot of things that are a priority for stability etc. As I mentioned though, it seems strange that so many people are posting in art/drawing/cg forums around the web about ability for 'rotate canvas' or 'rotate view' in a vector drawing app, and yet there isn't one out there?

Adobe Illustrator forum has several posts about it asking, one has 40,000 views but there isn't even an official response! You would think they would at least make an official comment one way or the other, no?

Matt, I think you have an opportunity here to pick up a lot of users, you would certainly get a boat-load of attention for being the first app to do it (drawing/art making on the computer is exploding right now) and that in itself could be hugely valuable. 

Just a thought.

I have a workflow where i use a magic trackpad with left hand and intuos on the right hand (and keyboard in the middle), so that i can intuitively zoom and pan while drawing. I am about to make a blog entry on this. 

Having multifinger gesture to rotate canvas too would be a huge and killing feature. I'd vote for it if there was a vote system... (hint)

• 5 months later...

The thing is:

If you want to develope a RAW image you can't rotate it first.

You could click develope, rotate, go back to the develope persona

BUT

Then you don't deal with the original RAW file any longer.

(Correct me if I'm wrong ;) )

EDIT:

Uuups

That was en other rotation discussion, sorry ;)

The thing is:

If you want to develope a RAW image you can't rotate it first.

You could click develope, rotate, go back to the develope persona

BUT

Then you don't deal with the original RAW file any longer.

(Correct me if I'm wrong ;) )

EDIT:

Uuups

That was en other rotation discussion, sorry ;)

Since rotating affects image quality, I would never rotate the RAW file and overwrite the file. In fact, I never modify a RAw file in any way, only the dervatives. I use rotate (camvas/image)  only ever after scaling an image for output or display. Also, I use a stand-alone RAW developer, and again, I do not rotate RAW files ever.

I ran into a problem and don't know what I did wrong. I roated an image while using the crop tool. One corner of the got clipped, and I see the checkered "no bakcground" area in that corner. I wanted to simply use the clone tool to fill in the missing sky, but the clone stamp is not working properly. Opacity in the tool settig is set to 100%, but I only get very little density buildup above the checkered background. What need I do to make the clone stamp to work properly? Thanks!

• 1 month later...