You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Removing "aura"/outline color/shade around objects (post-edit)

Is there a QUICK & EASY way to get rid of the "aura" around the palm trees? I do not want to replace the sky with another one (I like the real one as is), and the point is to not waste endless time going around every single leaf to mask etc etc. I am hoping that there is some kind of tool by which I can just draw roughly around the outline of the leaves (roughly = with a thick pointer) and, "bam", I get that annoying darker-blue outline/"aura" of the tree leaves (which makes the photo look fake) to disappear, and the palm trees' leaves to blend in perfectly with the rest of the blue sky! (So that there's no color/shade difference between the sky that's around the leaves and the rest of the sky). Is there such a tool/method?

IMG_5256 edited.jpg

What produced the "aura" effect to begin with?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

9 hours ago, R C-R said:

What produced the "aura" effect to begin with?

not sure - i think post-editing. Was trying to make the colors more vibrant (as they were in real life but the camera hadn't captured them as they were), so maybe in the editing process this darker outline/contour occurred. Beats me. The point is to fix it though..

9 hours ago, Lagarto said:

Just quick and dirty: you could try Selective Color > Blues > Set Cyan to 100 > Merge. Then reapply, select again Blues, and reduce Black to get the desired darkness.

As demonstrated in the attached reduced Photoshop file that has the original and manipulation in layers.

selectiveblues_original_fixed.psd

YES YES YES!!! AMAZING!!! :) :) THANK YOU!!! 

So, what you (we) did, essentially, is manipulate the entire blue sky (instead of just the darker contour that I wanted to get rid of), right?

But if that's what we did, then how come the darker AND lighter blue areas didn't change shade at the same rate (leaving both areas with the same shade difference between themselves)?? This is probably why I never thought of trying to manipulate the selective colors (as I thought that had I changed a "blue" color - in the OVERALL image - it wouldn't change anything, since the darker area would always remain just as dark compared to the lighter one, as I would be increasing/decreasing their shade/brightness TOGETHER). That's why I thought that the only way to do this would have been to select the darker "aura"/contour/outline, somehow, and affect ONLY that; so that it would match the lighter area... And then, once that was done - and both areas were the same, I could THEN affect the selective color (blue in this case) to make it how I liked (since both areas would have then been the same)... 

It would be great if you could explain this, so that I can understand the logic and apply it to the next situation that's similar to this! :)

**"Don't give me a free fish, teach me how to fish, so I won't bother you again!" :);) :P