You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

seriously slow daub-paintbox-brush-pack/

You guys are selling this in your store. Bought it with you 50% off promotion, but its seriously slow. To the point its not worth using. Is it the brushes or Affinity Designer or Photo? Slow in both.

All other brushes are fine. Not my computer at fault..Can't buy much faster than this.

https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/store/product/daub-paintbox-brush-pack/

If you dont' have a fix, i wouldn't mind my money back as its pretty useless the way it is.

Gary

Windows 11 Pro, Ryzen 9 7950x, 64GB DDR5 6000mhz, Nvidia 4080 OC 16gb, Dell 38inch curved monitor.

You need to contact DAUB support (there's an email on the right of the linked page).

It seems you bought those brushes and tested them on Windows when they are made especially for iPad:

Important note: These brushes have been specially made for use with Affinity Designer for iPad (1.7) and Affinity Photo for iPad (1.7) only.

24 minutes ago, Wosven said:

You need to contact DAUB support (there's an email on the right of the linked page).

As Gary purchased them from the Serif Store he should be able to contact affinityreturns@serif.com to initiate a return and a refund of the purchase price, since the purchase was made within the 14-day return policy (assuming that applies to content packs as well as the software itself).

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

3 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

As Gary purchased them from the Serif Store he should be able to contact affinityreturns@serif.com to initiate a return and a refund of the purchase price, since the purchase was made within the 14-day return policy (assuming that applies to content packs as well as the software itself).

I will email them and ask ..thank you Walt. It should be more clear on the brushes, they are not intended for other OS's.

Gary

Windows 11 Pro, Ryzen 9 7950x, 64GB DDR5 6000mhz, Nvidia 4080 OC 16gb, Dell 38inch curved monitor.

3 hours ago, thegary said:

I will email them and ask ..thank you Walt. It should be more clear on the brushes, they are not intended for other OS's.

Gary

You're welcome.

I thought it was pretty clear, by the way. It said for iPad on the picture of the pack and on the details it said it was for iPad only.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 3 months later...
On 10/4/2019 at 1:25 PM, thegary said:

You guys are selling this in your store. Bought it with you 50% off promotion, but its seriously slow. To the point its not worth using. Is it the brushes or Affinity Designer or Photo? Slow in both.

All other brushes are fine. Not my computer at fault..Can't buy much faster than this.

https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/store/product/daub-paintbox-brush-pack/

If you dont' have a fix, i wouldn't mind my money back as its pretty useless the way it is.

Gary

I purchased these pack to use on my iPad Pro and I am experiencing the same amount of lag you are descriving.